1. In a large heavy bottom soup pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium high heat. Add laksa paste and sauté until it becomes fragrant and deep in color (stir frequently), approximately 2-3 minutes.
2. Deglaze by adding in grandma broth scraping up all the brown bits of the sauteed laksa. Bring to a simmer.
3. Add in chicken pieces and simmer for 6-7 minutes. Add shrimp, cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in coconut milk. Simmer until heated through, DO NOT boil, you will lose the sweetness from the coconut milk!!!
4. Add lime juice (starting with one lime) and fish sauce. Taste your broth- add salt to season and more lime juice if needed!! Broth should taste rich and deep, slightly salty, and a bit acidic!
5. To serve: put cooked noodles in a bowl with bean sprouts. Ladle broth on top of noodles- be sure to get pieces of chicken and shrimp. Add in garnishes such as fresh chopped green onion, cilantro, fried shallots and or sambal chili paste! ENJOY!